Fall Season HVAC Maintenance Checklist
It’s officially fall! If you are like most people, you haven’t seen or touched your heater all summer long. Most likely it is tucked away in your basement or closet, and it will be completely ignored until you turn up your thermostat.
Have your heater annually serviced by a licensed HVAC professional. The optimal time to carry out an inspection of your heater and have it serviced is right before cold weather season begins.
If your heating system (gas or electric) goes without service:
- Your energy bills will increase
- Your heating system might stop working suddenly, leaving your space frigid
- You might be Carbon monoxide leaks (gas only)
Communicating with your HVAC technician before he or she carries out an inspection and provides service is important. Keep the following checklist with you during your HVAC technician’s visit so you will have a better understanding of what needs to be done to your heating system.
Heating-Specific Maintenance Checklist:
- Inspect system connections. Improper connections will cause equipment to operate less safely, cleanly, and efficiently
- Inspect system controls to ensure safe operation. Use the controls to start, operate, and shut off the system
- Set the thermostat at a comfortable setting for when people are in the house and when they are away
- Check electrical connections to make sure they are tight and not faulty
- Measure voltage and current on motors to ensure major components are functioning properly
- Lubricate all moving parts in system to decrease the amount of electricity used
- Check condensate drain to avoid water damage and high humidity levels
- Check air filter. This must be cleaned or changed once a month to keep energy costs low and your equipment running without problems
We can service your heating system.